- RBI:Schoop (25), Polanco (21)
- 2Out RBI:Polanco
- Team RISP:2-8 (Rosario 0-1, Schoop 0-2, Cron 0-2, Polanco 2-2, Buxton 0-1)
- Team LOB:7
|K. Gibson (L, 4-2)||6.0||9||4||4||0||6||2||91-59||4.47||91|
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Gibson 19/26; May 2/6; Morin 2/4
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Gibson-15-10-14-19; May-6-2-5-3; Morin-3-2-3-3
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Gibson 4-7; May 2-0; Morin 2-0
- Game Scores:K Gibson 97
- 2B:Encarnación (4, Gibson); Santana (12, Gibson); Crawford (3, Gibson)
- HR:Encarnación (13, 7th inning off May 2 on, 2 Out); Haniger (12, 5th inning off Gibson 1 on, 2 Out); Vogelbach (13, 5th inning off Gibson 0 on, 2 Out)
- RBI:Encarnación 3 (33), Santana (38), Haniger 2 (26), Vogelbach (28)
- 2Out RBI:Encarnación (3), Haniger (2), Vogelbach
- Team RISP:3-7 (Encarnación 1-1, Gordon 0-1, Santana 1-1, Haniger 1-1, Smith 0-1, Healy 0-1, Narváez 0-1)
- Team LOB:5
- CS:Crawford (1, 2nd base by Gibson/Astudillo)
- E:Crawford (2, ground ball); Kikuchi (1, throw)
- DP:1 (Gordon-Encarnación)
|Y. Kikuchi (W, 3-1)||6.0||5||3||1||2||6||0||93-57||3.43||93|
|B. Brennan (H, 6)||2.0||0||0||0||0||3||0||27-17||2.13||27|
- HBP:Schoop (by Kikuchi)
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Elías 3/6; Brennan 3/6; Kikuchi 14/26
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Elías-3-2-2-4; Brennan-4-5-5-3; Kikuchi-11-12-17-16
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Elías 1-1; Brennan 1-2; Kikuchi 6-6
- Game Scores:Y Kikuchi 109
|4th||Santana doubled to deep center, Encarnación scored.||0||1|
|5th||Polanco reached on bunt single to pitcher, Arraez scored on throwing error by pitcher Kikuchi, Buxton to second, Polanco safe at second on throwing error by pitcher Kikuchi, Buxton safe at third on th||1||1|
|5th||Schoop grounded out to pitcher, Buxton scored, Polanco to third.||2||1|
|5th||Polanco scored on error by shortstop Crawford, Rosario safe at first on error by shortstop Crawford.||3||1|
|5th||Haniger homered to center (407 feet), Crawford scored.||3||3|
|5th||Vogelbach homered to center (393 feet).||3||4|
|7th||Encarnación homered to left center (416 feet), Haniger scored and Vogelbach scored.||3||7|
|9th||Polanco singled to center, Adrianza scored, Arraez to second.||4||7|
Rob Manfred's mistake was giving sign stealers too much leeway
The commissioner could have nipped the embarrassing scandal in the bud with a strong statement early on.
Using technology to steal signs in MLB
Eduardo Perez gives an in-depth breakdown of how technology is used to steal signs and then relay information to the batter during a game.
Teixeira: Integrity of game lost if electronic devices were used
Mark Teixeira calls for massive punishments if it is proved that players used electronic devices to get tipped of pitches.
Setting sights on spring training, Jose Altuve confident embattled Astros will 'be in World Series'
While second baseman Jose Altuve was open and eager to address the sign-stealing scandal at the Astros' winter fan festival, third baseman Alex Bregman was stoic and stingy with his words as the team sets its sights on spring training.
Cardinals' Harrison Bader confident he'll start in center field this season
Harrison Bader is confident he'll be in center field for the St. Louis Cardinals when the season begins. "It's my position. I'm going to take it. There's no sense in talking about it," he said.
Hall of Fame says deceased players on MLB's ineligible list won't be on ballots
The Baseball Hall of Fame on Saturday said that death does not open the door for players on MLB's ineligible list to be placed on the ballot for entry into Cooperstown.