- Team RISP:0-2 (Sánchez 0-2)
- Team LOB:5
- E:García (7, throw); Moncada (10, throw); Cease (1, throw)
- Assists:Jay (Cuthbert at 3rd base); Cordell (Merrifield at Home)
|D. Cease (L, 1-1)||6.0||8||6||4||1||7||1||108-67||5.73||108|
- HBP:Soler (by Covey)
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Osich 2/7; Covey 6/7; Cease 18/27
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Osich-2-2-9-5; Covey-5-1-6-5; Cease-20-12-16-19
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Osich 1-1; Covey 1-1; Cease 8-3
- Game Scores:D Cease 42
- 2B:Merrifield (27, Osich); Gallagher (4, Cease)
- 3B:Dozier (5, Cease)
- HR:Merrifield (12, 4th inning off Cease 1 on, 1 Out); Dozier (14, 8th inning off Osich 1 on, 2 Out)
- RBI:Gordon (58), Hamilton (10), Cuthbert (22), Starling (2), Merrifield 2 (47), Dozier 3 (50)
- 2Out RBI:Gordon, Cuthbert, Starling, Dozier (2)
- Team RISP:4-9 (Gordon 1-1, Cuthbert 1-2, Starling 1-2, Merrifield 1-1, Soler 0-2, Dozier 0-1)
- Team LOB:6
- SB:Mondesi (31, 3rd base off Cease/McCann)
- DP:1 (Mondesi-N. Lopez-Cuthbert)
|G. Sparkman (W, 3-5)||9.0||5||0||0||1||8||0||116-76||4.54||116|
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Sparkman 17/32
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Sparkman-21-18-14-22
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Sparkman 11-7
- Game Scores:G Sparkman 84
|1st||Mondesi scored on error by third baseman Moncada.||0||1|
|1st||Dozier tripled to deep right, Gordon scored.||0||2|
|3rd||Gordon grounded into fielder's choice to shortstop, Mondesi scored on throwing error by shortstop García, Gordon safe at third on throwing error by shortstop García.||0||3|
|3rd||Starling singled to left, Soler scored, Cuthbert thrown out at third.||0||4|
|4th||Merrifield homered to right (293 feet), Merrifield scored and Gallagher scored.||0||6|
|7th||Cuthbert singled to right, Gordon scored, Soler to second, Dozier to third.||0||7|
|8th||Hamilton hit sacrifice fly to center, Gallagher scored.||0||8|
|8th||Gordon singled to left center, Merrifield scored.||0||9|
|8th||Dozier homered to left (447 feet), Gordon scored.||0||11|
'I love it here, but it's still a business': Mookie Betts' future looms large in Boston
Boston's title defense is over and its front office is in flux. And with their biggest star approaching his walk year, the Red Sox have a ton of work to do this winter and beyond.
Lee: Don't bet on Betts staying in Boston
Joon Lee doesn't expect Mookie Betts will sign an extension with the Red Sox, because in order for Betts to maximize his value on the market, he has to hit free agency.
Cardinals-Cubs with a division title on the line: Breaking down the high-stakes showdown
It doesn't get much better than two of baseball's bitter rivals squaring off with a playoff spot up for grabs. We look at the matchup from both sides.
Law: Shane Bieber and four other players I was wrong about
A Belieber? Keith Law was not. Here's how Cleveland's breakout pitcher and other surprising stars have outperformed expectations.
The biggest surprises and disappointments of the 2019 MLB season
We knew the Yankees would hit a lot of home runs, but not DJ LeMahieu and Gio Urshela. The Phillies spent big but didn't cash in. Here are the top overachievers and the worst flops.
Twins face Royals, look to extend lead on Indians
The Minnesota Twins open their final home series of the season on Thursday night when they begin a four-game set with the Kansas City Royals at Target Field in Minneapolis.